Before placing your order, please read through our terms and conditions. Your placement of an order shows your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We endeavour to ensure that only accurate and up to date information is placed online. In the event that incorrect information is included in The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop, we will place a correction on The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop content area.
2. Intellectual property
The materials displayed on this website, including all editorial materials, information, photographs, illustration, artwork and other graphic materials, and names, logos and trademarks, are the property of The Quilter’s Closet and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. Any such content may be displayed and printed solely for your personal and non-commercial use. You agree not to reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material to any third party without the prior written consent of The Quilter’s Closet. The Quilter’s Closet does not grant any licence or right in, or assign all or part of, its intellectual property rights in the content or applications incorporated into the website or in the user interface of the website.
Care has been taken to ensure that the products and descriptions of them on this site are accurate. We do not, however, promise or represent that it is accurate or free from errors or omissions and we reserve the right to make any necessary corrections. You should enquire with us directly to ensure the accuracy and currency of the material you seek to rely upon.
4. Unacceptable orders
The Quilter’s Closet reserves the right to reject an order if, in its opinion (acting reasonably), the order is unacceptable.
5. Disclaimer of warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law (most importantly the Australian Consumer Law):
- The Quilter’s Closet disclaims all warranties with regard to the information and applications contained on the website and your use of the website;The Quilter’s Closet, its contractors, agents, or employees disclaim liability for any damages whatsoever (including special, indirect or consequential) arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the website whether in contract, at common law or in equity, or on any other basis, except to the extent that the damage is directly caused by fraud or wilful misconduct by The Quilter’s Closet.
- If The Quilter’s Closet becomes liable for any breach of any guarantee, condition or warranty, The Quilter’s Closet’s liability for breach of any guarantee, condition or warranty shall be limited to at its option (and, provided it is fair and reasonable to do so), any one or more of the following:
- In the case of goods: replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; repair of the goods; payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring goods; or payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- In the case of services: to either resupplying the services or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
6. Security information
At the time that you place your order and are asked to supply personal information you enter a secure environment. From that time, the link between your Web browser and The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop will be protected using a security certificate. This will be indicated by the appearance of a padlock on your browser.
You should note that credit card numbers will not be stored on the web site and will never be made publicly available. All information concerning your order is encrypted and can only be viewed by members of The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop team with authorised access to that information. As noted your credit card details are not visible to the members of The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop team.
7. Stock availability
The Quilter’s Closet will endeavour to supply all items publicised in The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop. Similarly, products will be removed from The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop as soon as The Quilter’s Closet becomes aware that those items are unavailable. However, there may be unavoidable occasions when:
- All or part of your order cannot be fulfilled immediately, or
- All or part of your order cannot be fulfilled at all.
Where part of an order cannot be fulfilled immediately, the part that can be supplied will be dispatched as soon as possible.
Where part of your order cannot be fulfilled at all you will be advised as soon as possible by email or telephone.
All products with a limited sales period which are displayed in The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop will have the withdrawal date clearly shown.
However, where a product which does not have a specified sales period becomes unavailable due to unexpected or high demand, and that item is ordered by you before The Quilter’s Closet has withdrawn that item from The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop, The Quilter’s Closet will not be held responsible for inability to complete that order. In this instance, you will be advised ASAP by email or telephone.
8. Colour Disclaimer
Please note that due to the limitations of scanners, cameras and the relative inconsistencies of various display monitors, the colours you see on your screen may not be a totally accurate reproduction of the actual product. We strive to make our colours as accurate as possible, but screen images are intended as a guide only and should not be regarded as 100% correct.
9. Delivery standards
The Quilter’s Closet will endeavour to dispatch all orders within 2-3 working days of receiving the order and endeavour to deliver all orders within 14 business days, dependant of your location, from receipt of order. Please note:
- Items may be delivered to you individually and/or separately where they are fulfilled from different locations or directly from a Quilter’s Closet supplier.
The Quilter’s Closet Terms and Conditions apply to the carriage of articles by Australia Post https://auspost.com.au/terms-conditions/general-terms-conditions
10. Incorrect details supplied
Please note that acceptance of your order implies that we will fulfil your order within the time specified in the Delivery Standards. The following situations are exceptions:
- If and when incorrect payment details, including credit card details, are supplied;
- Where correct credit card details are supplied but funds are not approved.
- Where fraudulent activity is suspected / identified
- Where cleared funds through your nominated payment method have not been received
In the event that you supply incorrect payment or delivery details, The Quilter’s Closet will take all reasonable steps to contact you using the personal details that you have provided. In the event that your supplied contact details are incorrect, however, The Quilter’s Closet will not be held responsible for not fulfilling your order, nor for being unable to advise you that this is the case.
All products sold by The Quilter’s Closet must be:
- fit for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied
- acceptable in appearance and finish
- free from defects
The following items are non-refundable:
- cut fabric
You can return an item to us if:
- it’s faulty
- it’s incorrectly described
- it’s different from a sample shown (subject to Colour Disclaimer Clause above)
- it doesn’t do what we said it would do
- it’s not of an acceptable quality
If the product is unsafe, can’t be fixed within a reasonable time, or you simply would not have bought it given the nature of the defect, we’ll offer you an exchange, repair or refund.
To ask for an exchange, repair or refund, you’ll need to prove that you purchased the product via The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop. If you can’t provide an order confirmation, another form of proof of purchase will be required.
If the product is assessed to be faulty or unfit for its intended purpose, refunds will be issued using the same method as your original payment.
Please return your item with your name, order confirmation number and the reason for your return. For example:
Order number: 00001234
Item has the following defect….
Please contact [email protected] to find out where you need to return your item.
The Customer is required to ensure goods are repackaged securely, as we cannot offer refunds for goods that are damaged in transit.
The Customer is required to return the products by post and keep the postal receipt. The Quilter’s Closet will refund your postage for goods that are faulty, but will not accept the return of goods Cash on Delivery (C.O.D.).
The provisions of this clause do not derogate from any rights you may have under law, including the Australian Consumer Law.
12. Minimum and maximum order value
There is no minimum value for The Quilter’s Closet Online Shop orders. The maximum order value is AUD $5,000.
13. Goods and services tax
All prices are inclusive of Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) where applicable. The Quilter’s Closet will issue a compliant tax invoice where appropriate.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. In the event of a dispute you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria and the Federal Court of Australia
The Quilter’s Closet Website may contain links to other websites operated, controlled or produced by third parties. Unless otherwise indicated, The Quilter’s Closet does not control, endorse, sponsor or approve any such third party websites or their content nor does The Quilter’s Closet provide any warranty or take any responsibility whatsoever for any aspect of those websites or their content.
16. Order enquiries
Please e-mail: [email protected]